Monday, October 4, 2010
Pepe's Russian River Scrapbook Page
Looking at my first trial here, I see some definite improvement. I do recall, however, spending more time on learning how to convert one of the button flower elements into a brush. Which was really cool to do, unfortunately it has been so long I don't remember how I did it. I think I may go back and touch it up or start all over. Ha! Anyways, the digital scrapbook kits used in this piece were downloaded for free from Computer Scrapbook. I still can't believe how many digital kits they have up for free. There weren't any TOU's on this particular design, so I don't know who to credit. Thanks to whom ever it was, teals are my fav!
While I was trying to confirm what the proper file size and resolution should be on a standard digital scrapbook page, I found a new way to mask from a 300dpi.com tutorial . I have never done a mask like that before, it may be simpler too. If you check out the first video you recognize the 3" square paper blocks I was inspired to try out. That is actually how the whole page got started. Before I knew it I had a whole page done, while baby Vivian slept and played on my lap.